Monday, October 2, 2006

Oct 2, 2006


Laurelyn is in Intensive care.


When we arrived to the hospital last night we were not alone. My dearest friend Debbie left her house after dark to meet us there. Our Sunday school leaders were also there. Dave and I were numb. They finally called us back.


The Dr. quickly came in, looked me in the eye, and started explaining that my daughter had a very serious illness and her life would never be the same. She had juvenile diabetes.


I shook, and through my tears and gritted teeth, forcibly asked her, "Tell me! Tell me I will be able to leave here with her! Tell me! I am carrying a baby boy that they tell me I will not be able to leave the hospital with. You have to tell me I will be leaving here with my Laurelyn."


Isaiah 50:10 Let him who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God.

No comments: