Tuesday, October 17, 2006

October and November 2006


We are learning a lot about diabetes. There is a lot to learn!


We have seen the strength of our Lord meet Laurelyn's needs as they came up. She never experienced anxiety with all the needles---4 shots a day.


She enjoyed, yes, enjoyed her hospital stay! (Now, in 2008, she still talks about how good the food was! And how her Aunt Susie spent the night with her---they stayed up till 1am to watch movies! Had a great time! She has nothing but good memories of the event!)


I got over my fear of needles very quick----we couldn't leave the hospital until we were fluent with counting carbs, knew a bunch of math equations, and of course how to give her shots.


All the while my tummy was growing larger. Our friend Debbie took over helping us find a grave site as well as a funeral home.


We picked a name. Dave chose Isaac Almon. Isaac for the hope of giving our son to the Lord, and trusting Him with the unknown future. Almon was my dear Grandfathers name. Dave is thankful for my grandpa's Godly heritage and though it would be a proud name for his boy.


Soon after we named him I was angry---I always wanted a Josiah Daniel. I was also struggling with wondering if the world was right---the baby I was carrying according to the doctors was not worth anything but a broken heart. The world told me that maybe he wasn't worth fighting for. What if this was true? Maybe God didn't even care, much less know his name. After stewing about this, the Lord kept asking me to find out for myself---look up the name in the baby book. I finally did---thought I was going crazy.

Isaac means "He Laughs"

Almon means "forsaken, abandoned, widowed"

I knew in an instant that this name was perfect. I knew that the Lord knew Isaac and his name. The Lord even knew how I was feeling---what could be a better description of this situation---forsaken, abandoned, widowed. This is what our child would bring to our life, and the Lord knew it well.


Psalm 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mothers womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

No comments: