Wednesday, November 15, 2006

November 15, 2006 Last day with Isaac




Hello everyone.




Just another quick update.




This is my last day with Isaac tumbling around inside me. I look forward to seeing him, holding him, kissing him tomorrow. We go in at 7 am to be induced. (fast forward--went into labor on my own this very evening) I am able to praise the Lord today for his strength. This is a day I have dreaded because of how hard it has been to wait, and the Lord has given me strength so far.




2 Cor. 1:8-11 We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead..He had delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On Him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.






Again , we are so proud of our Isaac, beating all the odds so far, he is one in 9,000. I was reminded of God's goodness to Isaac from a verse in the song Amazing Grace:




Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come
'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home.




We are thankful for each day God has given us with our son and trust Him with what he has already decided for tomorrow.


As for me and my very scared, fast beating heart, I was once again encouraged by Streams in the Desert. This is a poem I have used over and over in the past with letting little foster children go and the uncertainty of tomorrow. It is long, but I hope it is a blessing to you as it is to me.






Dark is the sky! and veiled the unknown morrow!
Dark is life's way, for night is not yet o'er;
The longed-for glimpse I may not meanwhile borrow;
But, this I know and trust, HE GOES BEFORE.
Dangers are near! and fears my mind are shaking;
Heart seems to dread what life may hold in store;
But I am His-He knows the way I'm taking.
More blessed even still-HE GOES BEFORE.
Doubt cast their weird, unwelcome shadows o'er me,
Doubts that life's best- life's choicest things are o'er;
What but His Word can strengthen, can restore me,
And this blest fact, that still HE GOES BEFORE.


HE GOES BEFORE! Be this my consolation!
He goes before! On this my heart would dwell!
He goes before! This guarantees salvation!


HE GOES BEFORE! And therefore all is well.


J. Danson Smith


I am so glad that God is already there, His plan is perfect, I can rest.


Thanks for all your prayers, I'll really need them tomorrow. Also, the Dr. we had counted on will not be there to deliver, but the Dr. who first found the Trisomy 18 and strongly pushed us to terminate will be in his place. Lets pray that somehow this will change the Dr.'s heart, and peace for Dave and I as once again we learn not to rest in the plans that we have made, but on God's.






No comments: