Wednesday, November 22, 2006

November 22, 2006




The funeral service was beyond anything I could have asked for, what a gift. The morning of the funeral, Dave brought home a pencil sketch John Fischbach drew of Isaac. I could hardly get out of bed that morning. I was overwhelmed with the feeling of forgetting what Isaac looked like already. When Dave brought in the picture, it was like a fresh wind blew into me, giving me the strength to go on.


Dave was busy all morning getting the last minute details in place. We went to the funeral home and as I walked through the doorway, the scene was almost too physically difficult to absorb. I can still vividly recall the slam of grief that overwhelmed me as I walked in the door and saw the tiny, perfect casket in front that held my boy. I couldn't fathom that this was really happening to me, until I walked in.

Everything was beautiful. Dave picked out 3 small teddy bears to represent DJ, Lynnie, and Dianna. He also had a floral baseball made. We all picked out things that were special to us to put in the casket. I had made a blanket, Dave had an old family baseball glove, DJ made a plane out of Lego's, and Laurelyn had a favorite, small horse.
Philip Martin had a wonderful message. We really hope that somehow, someones life changed through the service.
It was a very cold day. Just our family went to the cemetery. We didn't stay long due to how cold it was. This was a special time for Dave and I though.
Psalm 27:13-14
I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord...Wait for the Lord, be strong, and let your heart take courage.

No comments: